Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, April 23, 2012

The Big One

My handsome little fellow Bean has turned 1! I am in complete shock and refuse to accept the fact that he's been here for a whole year! Its been such a whirl wind! At this time last year (3:13) I was in the hospital and had been told we'd be having a baby that night! I won't re post the whole story but its on this blog somewhere if you want to reread it :) I remember when he was finally out and they placed him on my belly. I've never loved something so much, so instantly in my entire life. That moment I knew I'd do absolutely anything to ensure his happiness. I've learned so much this past year about myself, my husband, marriage, and being a parent. Its been also one of the hardest times in my life. Becoming a mom is not easy but my goodness its such a blessing. Heavenly Father chose Berick's spirit specifically for our family and he couldn't have picked a better one! Here's a little recap in picture form of my boy. I was going to a do a month by month thing but I wasn't very good at labeling so these 2 are from the hospital:
The nickname "bean" came from how tiny his head was...its not so small anymore :)

He looked like an eskimo baby when he came out! He still has those cheekies to this day!
My sweet little man was 7lbs 10oz and 18.5 inches long when he was born with his head in the 10th percentile. He's grown quite a bit since then! Here are a few from his younger days:
Love that little face.

One of my favorite pics!
Berick has come a long way! He's still just as cute but much bigger! Here are his 1 year stats:
  • Weight: 20.5lbs
  • Height: 28 1/2 inches
  • 69th Percentile for Head Size
Likes:
  • Peanut Butter on Toast
  • Nilla Wafers (saying like is an understatement...he LOVES them)
  • Soft Blankies
  • Playing with Dad
  • Cuddling with Mom
  • Destroying the living room
  • Being outside
  • Bath time
  • Dirt and Sand
...the list goes on and on but those are the major things
Dislikes:
  • Knees on the grass so when he crawls outside its on his hands and feet :)
  • The doctor
  • Being told no
  • Most fruits
  • Being touched by other babies and sometimes other people
  • Those squishy ball things that feel like slime; he gets so upset if you try to make him hold it!
...this list is also endless but those are the major things. Here are some current pics of my guy:
Not letting his knees touch the grass :)

Watching Dad skip rocks. I love this pic!

Berick and Dad hot tubbing :)

He found a sock of mine and decided the best way to transport it was with his mouth.

He loves his bear :)

He conquered his spaghetti

Dazed from the sugar consumption from his bday cake!

Berick is so fun these days! He gets into everything he shouldn't and wants to explore everything. He's a pretty happy baby unless you present him with the aforementioned things :) Its amazing that he has been with us for a year but then again I don't know what I did before he came...besides sleep in! I love my boy so much and I pray I can always show him that. I've learned this past year that not everyday is perfect and sometimes there are times when I could just scream but Heavenly Father has granted me SO MUCH patience. I'm so grateful to him for that and for the fact that he's patient with me. Heavenly Father truly sent him for me and knew the spirit that belonged in our family. I look forward to seeing more of Berick's personality develop. He's my guy and I treasure all the moments I have with him. Thanks for being my little Nugget Berick!

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe he's one! That's so fun though! He sure is a cute little man! Hope we get to see you guys soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Bean!! That went way fast, I love that half the pictures he has something in his mouth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy happy late birthday Berick!!! He is so cute with his cheeks and blonde hair. I can see so much personality just through the pictures, and I wouldn't expect any less with him being your son. We sure miss you guys. Berick and Owen would be the best of friends had we stuck around. Dang it!

    ReplyDelete