Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Unsetting the Alarm

Well as previously mentioned in a previous post, Mr. B is turning 1 next month and he is just growing and learning so much! I won't post about it all right now because I want to save that for his 1 year post! However yesterday we reached another little milestone that made me cry.

As parents Kenyon and I follow Babywise and LOVE it. It has helped us so much with getting Berick on a schedule and without it things would not be as good for us! (Just to add quick we don't judge anyone who doesn't use it, we just happen to think its pretty neat and know that there are plenty of other ways to raise a baby.) Anyway part of the scheduling is to choose a start time for the day from the very beginning. We chose 7. So at 7 every morning since around 6 weeks we get Berick up and then base his schedule around that for the rest of the day. Berick has reached the point where he can now sleep until whenever and we just adjust around that. Well last night for the first time since Berick was 6 weeks old I turned my alarm off.

Now one would think: "wow Jeannette was it really that much of a distress to turn your alarm off? Wouldn't it be awesome for your baby to sleep in?" Well curious blog reader it was a big deal to me. The schedule had brought so much structure and relief to my life. As soon as we got Berick going on Babywise, life became so much easier with a baby. If you thought I had a super easy time adjusting to being a mom then feel free to read my posts from April of last year :) At any rate as I went to turn the alarm off I just got tears in my eyes because my baby is growing. Which is wonderful but I'll never get to relive those newborn moments with him. He's such a big boy now and I love him so much and I just hope he knows how much I love him.

So for me turning off my alarm was a big thing and I wanted to document how I cried for it. Tune in next month for one of the cutest, picture filled posts you'll read from here! Thanks for reading about my emotions :) And to reward you here is a little Berick gem:
Trying to shove this entire cookie in his mouth that he got from the bakery!

1 comment:

  1. We are big fans of having a schedule, it makes the biggest difference. I can't believe he is almost ONE- crazy!!!! Looks like a lot of fun in the sun.

    ReplyDelete