Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Oh, Silly Birth Control

So a funny thing happened a few weeks ago. Spoiler ALERT: I'm on birth control. Anyone who reads this and doesn't agree with birth control...get over it :) Anyway soooo a few weeks ago I do my nightly routine of brushing and flossing and taking my meds which include an inhaler and a birth control pill. Everything goes according to plan until I get to the birth control. Upon further inspection of the pack I realize the empty pill spaces seem off. I proceed to count said spaces and discover: holy pregnancy batman I've missed 2 pills in a row! Some at this point my think to themselves "Jeannette, the birth control would still be in your system so there's a really small chance you could be pregnant". Well misinformed reader, I got pregnant with Berick the month I stopped taking birth control so basically I am blessed to not have conception issues. At any rate I walked into the living room and informed Kenyon of the news. Let's just say he wasn't mad at me but he got remarkably worried.

Pros to being Pregnant:

  • kids close in age (18 months apart)
  • we're still on medicaid
  • newborn cuddles
Cons to being Pregnant:

  • kids close in age
  • 2 kids in diapers
  • non-medical expenses
  • Kenyon, if accepted into the Landscape Architecture program, would be in the middle of one of the hardest semesters of schooling when baby 2 would come
The things I've just listed are merely a few points for both sides. Needless to say we were a little stressed. Well to break to suspense I am not pregnant but oddly enough I felt slight disappointment by not seeing those 2 pink lines on the test. It would have been incredibly hard to have kids that close and not planning on it and there's a chance I would have a breakdown after the baby was born but I still had gotten a little excited over the possibility. I feel like I was a little cheated of those newborn times with Berick because he struggled so much with his milk allergy. It would have been quite sweet to know what was wrong and have a sweet new spirit in the house. However it is still a relief that I'm not pregnant. I'll get more time with Nugget. Sorry this is just a "word" post but I wanted to write about this gem :) As long as we don't have anymore accidents we're still on track to try for Baby #2 in the fall. Its not too far off! Until then I'll just enjoy the newborns who are to be born soon enough around me.

3 comments:

  1. Oh man I just got super excited...and then you killed the excitement! But that's ok! Soon enough right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering what the outcome was. I totally know what you mean about the pros and cons. Mine are all about the same. Except, of course, it will be 3 kids 17 months apart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you are baby hungry. Jeannette!!! Lol.

    ReplyDelete