Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Blessings

Soooo let's just say things in the Petersen home have been a little bit hectic lately. I'm not saying that things have been unbearable but for sure stressful at times. My dad has moved in with us for a bit while he gets things together to go to rehab here in Utah. Its been hard for a lot of different reasons but especially monetarily. Kenyon's hours have been less since he started school and we weren't sure how we were going to make ends meet especially with a certain baby boy whose formula costs almost $30.00 a can and goes through about a can a week. I was really starting to get worried because Kenyon was starting to get worried. Kenyon is the type to stress only when things really start getting bad.

So what does any faith based Latter Day Saint family do in times of trial and struggle?...pray, pay tithing, and turn to the Lord for guidance and strength. Needless to say we did just that and things have truly come together in ways such as:
  • We are still on medicaid so Berick's doctor visits are covered
  • WIC came through again so Berick's formula and baby food is covered
  • Food stamps came through again so we can buy plenty of food for ourselves (for the record we aren't people who believe on living off the government for life but we've been paying into the system since we were 13 so why not benefit from something we've put into for so long)
  • We've been healthy and haven't had any medical needs
  • Everything with my dad has for the most part worked out and come together (we prayed about him coming to live with us and got the revelation that it was the right thing)
  • And most recently and AWESOMELY Kenyon just got a new job that will compensate for the hours he lost when school started so we'll be able to get off food stamps quicker and pay our bills without feeling so stressed!
I know that there are many worse things that could be going on in our life but when you begin to worry about how you'll afford essentials, things appear to be a bit hopeless. Thankfully we have faith and trust in the Lord and know that He will never give us anything we can't handle and if we follow Him he will provide for us. I love my family and I love my Heavenly Father.

In other news, Berick is working on sitting up on his own which is funny to watch and he giggles ALL THE TIME! I love him more and more everyday! He keeps me busy and happy. I find myself waking up in the morning at 7 wanting to go back to bed but as soon as I pick him up and see his little smile I get over the fact that I'm tired :) He's growing sooooo much and sooooo fast and it makes me tear up a little. I love watching him develop but I hate the thought that he'll never be the age he is now ever again. His little personality is coming out and he's starting to eat some baby food! He quite likes the fruits :)

Kenyon and I are just going to school and trying to enjoy life as it comes! I love seeing Kenyon with Berick! Every time Kenyon comes through the door Berick will look over at him and get this huge grin on his face knowing that it s play time. Kenyon is such an amazing father to our boy and my love for him just intensifies when I see him play with Berick.

Life is coming together and I'm trust trying to keep up with everything! I'll get some more pics of Bean up soon but if you're really itching to see him either come see me or check facebook! I've just discovered how to upload pics from my phone to facebook! It's pretty cool!

2 comments:

  1. Oh good you are on WIC. I was going to suggest it if you weren't. Without WIC I don't know how we would have fed the girls.

    And I totally agree with you about waking up at 7:00 and being tired until I see smiles. It's all worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems like when thing look the worst it always turns out. And better then we thought! I hope thing with your dad works out.

    ReplyDelete