Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, October 1, 2010

We're having a baby!

It seems like old news now but for those who haven't been kept up to speed: I'm pregnant! I'm pretty excited but nervous at the same time. I got a little teary eyed when we went to the appointment last week just because I was so amazed at this little life growing inside me! For all those moms out there I'm sure you had the same feeling. One of the first questions I asked upon seeing the heartbeat was if it was a good heart beat and the doctor replied "its a great heart beat". I feel so blessed right now that Heavenly Father is trusting me to care for one of his children. People keep asking me what I want to have and honestly I just want it to come to term and be born healthy! For those not in that loop, I miscarried in March and am really hoping this baby sticks around for the long run!

Kenyon has changed a little bit this time around. He tells me how much he loves me everyday, a couple times a day. Right now although I'm not big, but I've already started gaining weight and I feel like a heffer! Kenyon on a daily basis tells me how beautiful I am and that I don't look fat at all! I've felt pretty sick this time around as well (which they tell me is a good thing) and Kenyon is always right there to make sure I'm ok or get me whatever I need. He's an amazing guy and I feel so blessed to have him for eternity

Oh! I almost forgot! For those who didn't know, Kenyon and I were sealed this past Saturday at the Oquirrh Mountain Temple! Kenyon surprised me by taking my wedding band and engraving it with "Forever 10/25/10". He's so cute! It was an amazing experience! The spirit is just so strong in the Temple and I hope I remain worthy for a Temple recommend all my life.

Well this post has been long enough without any pictures! Next time perhaps I'll figure out a way to scan the ultrasound so all can see our little creature! The next appointment is November 4th! It seems so far away! I also want to thank all my friends who are mothers who've helped me through all my fears. Trust me they're still there but just a little subdued!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on both exciting events. Good luck with everything! Oh, and if it makes you feel a little better I gained 35 lbs when I was pregnant (I"m not exaggerating). It can all (or mostly all) go away with some work and patience though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! I'm so glad about both of those things. You will be a great mom and your child will kick-arse. Don't feel bad about gaining weight- it's a good thing, remember. If you get past 50 pounds, maybe chill out, but I'm sure you'll be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay I'm so glad everything is going well, minus being sick, but it will be well worth it I'm sure! That sure is cute of Kenyon to engrave your ring. What a romantic! About gaining weight...just let it come naturally, don't use the excuse that it's for the baby, but don't starve. Worry about losing it after the baby is here & healthy! Keep me posted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. p.s. I gained 44lbs with Parker. Most moms gain like 50lbs their first time. So no worries...I'm below my pre-preg weight now. The first 30 lbs flew off & then the last 14 were a bit of hard work...& then I added 10 more pounds off after the preg weight. Still got some marriage weight, but weight is just something that fluctuates especially during the years you grow your family. Good luck with everything call/text if you need me!

    ReplyDelete